PM Garib Kalyan Yojana is an initiative introduced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to overcome the economic impact of the lockdown on poor citizens that was induced after the widespread COViD-19 pandemic in 2020. Soon after announcing the lockdown imposition within the country, the PM announced a relief of Rs. 1.70 lakh crore for this scheme. Under this scheme, more than 80 crore people across the country were provided with 5 Kgs of wheat/rice along with 1 kg of whole chana for free. Besides this, the scheme also provided coverage of Rs. 50 lakh to around 22 lakh frontline workers across the nation.
You will get the complete information about the services which will be provided to you under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana in this article. Stay connected with us for more information and read the article on our website carefully till the end. This article will acquaint you with its eligibility criteria, benefits, process to register and other important details.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana – An Overview
This portal has been launched by the Government of India, with the main objective to benefit the citizens of India. This scheme is implemented all over India and comes under the state government. The online applications for this scheme were started on 26th March 2020 and the applications are still open.
Through this scheme, financial help is given to the poor people, so that they can arrange food for themselves. People who have ration cards are given ration 2 times in 3 months. Extra rations are also provided to them for free. Those candidates who wish to take advantage of this scheme can apply on the online portal as per the Eligibility Criteria. Only those who are residents of India and fall below the poverty line can get benefits under this scheme.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana – Benefits
- All ration card holders get benefits under this scheme.
- 80 crore people are also subsidized through this scheme.
- You are given a 7 kg ration in 3 months through this scheme.
- Under this scheme, you are given wheat 2 rupees kilos and rice 3 rupees kilos.
- Many poor people have benefited from this scheme.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana – How to register online?
- To register, click on this link pib.nic.in.
- After that, the portal’s home page will open.
- On the home page, click on the option to apply for PMGKY.
- After clicking, on the next page, you have to fill in your bank details and other asked details according to the eligibility.
- After filing the details, you will be registered.
- Save the registration form and get a print copy.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana – How to check the online Beneficiary List?
- To check the beneficiary list, you must first go to the official website.
- The link of which will be available in our article.
- After that, the home page will open on your screen.
- On the home page, you will get the option of PMGKY Beneficiary List; click on it.
- After clicking, you have to fill in your details.
- After that, your list will be opened.
- Save it and download it.
- If you want, you can also take out a print copy.
For more information about PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, stay connected with us. If you want to ask anything about this scheme, you can message us in the comment section and we will reply to your comment soon. Furthermore, if you want to get the latest updates, then bookmark us.